Installation of Pull Distribution Point (Pull - DP)
Updated: May 17, 2021
In this post we will see the installation of pull distribution point (DP)
1. New change in the admin console à Deploy the new pull distribution point
2. SMS Provider executes a method (WMI) against the database, site control table is modified.
3. Changing the DB triggers the database monitor, that notifies the Hierarchy manager.
4. Hman Triggers the creation of the Distribution point and the distribution of 2 packages.
Configuration manager client package
Configuration manager client upgrade package
5. Distmgr connects to the new distribution point and
Install ISAPI, create SMS_DP$
Install and configure IIS (if the option was selected in the console)
Copies binaries in the SMS_DP$ folders
Install MSXML 6.0. vcredist and the distribution point WMI provider on the remote distribution point
Creates the virtual directory (IIS) SMS_DP_SMSPKG$ for the path ?:\SCCMContentlib
·Creates the virtual directory (IIS) SMS_DP_SMSSIG$ for the path \\<Servername>\SMSSIG$
6. Distmgr triggers the installation of pulldp.msi on the new distribution point.
7. PullDP creates a DTS Job to download the two default packages from a standard point.
8. PullDP notifies the MP that the packages have been copied successfully.